Flat out tasty......

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Limping around the grocery store yesterday like I was running on flat tires. Wore out from night shifts and not much sleep throughout the weekend.

Couldn't figure out what I was going to cook for our dinner.

Hit the meat section first...and schemed it up from there.

"Beef....it's what's for dinner"....rang true in my head when I saw the flat iron steaks with insanely low sales price.

Grabbed one and then bought a kale salad kit.

As it turns out....they went out for Chinese food and let me lounge around in the recliner and watch some pre-season NFL action and nurse a cold one.

That lonely flat iron steak had been soaking in Paymaster's Steak Marinade* all day.....and it yelled at me when I opened the fridge for a reload...."Cook me now".

So....a pair of reloads were grabbed along with that hollering flat iron steak and I headed outdoors and fired up the tunes and a grill.

Used Kingsford & some sweet smelling mesquite chunks. I absolutely love mesquite on steaks.

A couple slices of this steak went perfect with the sippin' suds. Slept like a king. :p

Reheated some for my breakfast this morning. Mighty tasty. Eggs with parmesan, pepper & smoked salt.

Kale salad kit with some extra parmesan, mozzarella & feta for wife's workday lunch.

Paymaster's Steak Rub = been doing my steaks his way for the last few years. I let them soak all day, overnight or ten minutes....however much time I have available.

Per steak recipe (double as needed):
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tbsp soy or teriyaki sauce
* 2 tsp McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
* 1 tsp freshly ground expresso powder

I usually add some minced garlic, basil or Italian seasoning to it, too.

Now THAT is how a steak should look. Very nice job, and even more impressive is the number of meals you got off of one cook. Outstanding!!:clap2:

Thanks, Bros.

I love spending my days off tending a grill and staring into the flames.

Smoke therapy ? Good stuff.

Can't wait until I retire, then I can do it Willie Nelson style !!!!!!!

Thanks, Bros.

I love spending my days off tending a grill and staring into the flames.

Smoke therapy ? Good stuff.

Can't wait until I retire, then I can do it Willie Nelson style !!!!!!!

I hear ya dub, when the (wood) smoke hits my nostrils, I know I'm off duty. I've always got to be clear in these here parts

Steak simply cannot be cooked more perfectly than that. :clap2::thumb:

Thank you.

I absolutely hate overcooked steaks.

The Vortex makes it really easy to get a nice sear without having to run a large volume of coals or wait forever for them to heat up.

It's a fuel miser and I really am enjoying using it.

Another night shifter here so know the sleep deprivation struggle.

Great lookin' steaks!

Back