THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Limping around the grocery store yesterday like I was running on flat tires. Wore out from night shifts and not much sleep throughout the weekend.

Couldn't figure out what I was going to cook for our dinner.

Hit the meat section first...and schemed it up from there.

"Beef....it's what's for dinner"....rang true in my head when I saw the flat iron steaks with insanely low sales price.

Grabbed one and then bought a kale salad kit.

As it turns out....they went out for Chinese food and let me lounge around in the recliner and watch some pre-season NFL action and nurse a cold one.

That lonely flat iron steak had been soaking in Paymaster's Steak Marinade* all day.....and it yelled at me when I opened the fridge for a reload...."Cook me now".

So....a pair of reloads were grabbed along with that hollering flat iron steak and I headed outdoors and fired up the tunes and a grill.

Used Kingsford & some sweet smelling mesquite chunks. I absolutely love mesquite on steaks.

A couple slices of this steak went perfect with the sippin' suds. Slept like a king. :p

Reheated some for my breakfast this morning. Mighty tasty. Eggs with parmesan, pepper & smoked salt.

Kale salad kit with some extra parmesan, mozzarella & feta for wife's workday lunch.

Paymaster's Steak Rub = been doing my steaks his way for the last few years. I let them soak all day, overnight or ten minutes....however much time I have available.

Per steak recipe (double as needed):
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tbsp soy or teriyaki sauce
* 2 tsp McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
* 1 tsp freshly ground expresso powder

I usually add some minced garlic, basil or Italian seasoning to it, too.

Now THAT is how a steak should look. Very nice job, and even more impressive is the number of meals you got off of one cook. Outstanding!!:clap2:

Thanks, Bros.

I love spending my days off tending a grill and staring into the flames.

Smoke therapy ? Good stuff.

Can't wait until I retire, then I can do it Willie Nelson style !!!!!!!

Thanks, Bros.

I love spending my days off tending a grill and staring into the flames.

Smoke therapy ? Good stuff.

Can't wait until I retire, then I can do it Willie Nelson style !!!!!!!

I hear ya dub, when the (wood) smoke hits my nostrils, I know I'm off duty. I've always got to be clear in these here parts

Steak simply cannot be cooked more perfectly than that. :clap2::thumb:

Thank you.

I absolutely hate overcooked steaks.

The Vortex makes it really easy to get a nice sear without having to run a large volume of coals or wait forever for them to heat up.

It's a fuel miser and I really am enjoying using it.

Back