Fish Tacos on the Blackstone

I had the leftovers for lunch today. I started taking a few pictures. My wife thinks I'm nuts since I can't seem to plate anything without snapping photos of it. Even leftovers. She's right. Pics deleted, they weren't that good anyway.

The fish tacos however were still great, even served as leftovers.

Yep, it just makes things a lot easier. Otherwise I'd be waiting for a CI skillet or two to come up to temp after waiting for the lump to fire up. I did have to make a U-haul run for propane. My third tank this year.

And thanks all, for the kind words. Lots of inspiration from other taco posts, especially Sako's.

This was super easy to put together. I've used Lefty's before but usually grill the fish, losing a lot of the coating on the grates. The surface area contact on the griddle brought the fish to a whole nother level.

Check out that Cook's Country video. They used salmon. The slaw I made differs from theirs with the omission of Granny Smith apples and the inclusion of Mango. I wasn't about to run to the store for an apple when I had mangoes available. Why? Boat drinks have been a-flowing at my house this summer!

Is that Leftys a fry mix??....looking for ways to improve my fish and chicken....

Is that Leftys a fry mix??....looking for ways to improve my fish and chicken....

Yes, package says Oven, Pan or Deep Fry. I don't follow the written directions exactly, but dipped the haddock in buttermilk, then dredged it in a plate of Lefty's. I don't recall which member here first recommended Lefty's but I'm glad i found it. The flavor is spot on.

Purchased from Amazon of course.

Back