Fish Tacos on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
It's not Taco Tuesday but here it's Taco Thursday. Fish Tacos to be exact. I was making these anyway and today a timely YouTube video was posted by Cook's Country, so I took a bit of inspiration from it.

The fish to be griddled. Haddock, aka Schrod seasoned with Lefty's -

yRKY9iu.jpg

Out on the Blackstone along with some red peppers and the rather large tortillas getting warmed -

Tz3BQ6a.jpg

The Schrod is done in no time. Put together with a Diced Celery/Shredded Carrot/Diced Mango slaw, a homemade dressing, the grilled peppers, garden Cherry Tomatoes, a bit of Cotija cheese for good measure, a squeeze of Lime and topped with Cilantro -

DGT9QZf.jpg

Wvq0bdJ.jpg

And that's tonight's dinner. I probably should have used some of the photo technique hints in the other thread but hunger got the best of me.

Oh yeah, how was it? Fantastic. The Lefty's kicks the fish up a few notches and the addition of the Mango really added a lot of brightness and freshness to the dish.

Thanks for checking in on this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Don't thank me for looking, let me thank you for posting!! You haven't let me down yet. Nice looking tacos.

Have you ever made anything that couldn’t make a gorged man drool? Seriously, everything you cook looks delicious!!

outstanding post!!......don’t you just LOVE those griddles!!!!!!!!

Yep, it just makes things a lot easier. Otherwise I'd be waiting for a CI skillet or two to come up to temp after waiting for the lump to fire up. I did have to make a U-haul run for propane. My third tank this year.

And thanks all, for the kind words. Lots of inspiration from other taco posts, especially Sako's.

This was super easy to put together. I've used Lefty's before but usually grill the fish, losing a lot of the coating on the grates. The surface area contact on the griddle brought the fish to a whole nother level.

Check out that Cook's Country video. They used salmon. The slaw I made differs from theirs with the omission of Granny Smith apples and the inclusion of Mango. I wasn't about to run to the store for an apple when I had mangoes available. Why? Boat drinks have been a-flowing at my house this summer!

Back