First tri tip w/ lots o pics

Great, but that is not a tri tip.

I thought it was a little mishapen myself but then I realized the butcher must have just cut off the "tip" of the tri tip. If you look at the first pic closely it reads tri tip on the label. Doenst mean its tri tip, because alll butchers arent made the same... I may very well be wrong because like I said , this was my first one, but it sure did look, and cook like one. What was it if not tri tip?

I thought it was a little mishapen myself but then I realized the butcher must have just cut off the "tip" of the tri tip. If you look at the first pic closely it reads tri tip on the label. Doenst mean its tri tip, because alll butchers arent made the same... I may very well be wrong because like I said , this was my first one, but it sure did look, and cook like one. What was it if not tri tip?

I had a "discussion" a couple of weeks ago about this. My wife brought home something that was marked tri-tip, but was not. Butcher insisted that there are three places on a carcass that you can cut tri-tip from. Even after giving him the Beef Chart number and a photo of the cutting chart, he still argued about it. I think the one we got was something he called top sirloin knuckle. It looked the same as yours, Mrtodd.

Back