THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GingerQ

Well It's that time again and I purchased my first vertical on a whim two days ago... I have some mods to do on it for sure but we will see how it goes... I plan on building a vertical in sept so this one will have to do until then!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3730.jpg
    IMG_3730.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3738.jpg
    IMG_3738.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 156
I was checking out the same unit the other day, definitely following along I've been tempted to make the jump to a vertical offset.

Captains log 9:00 AM... started the fire around 6:30 and got it to 250 and put the 9 pound butt on at 7:30.. i'm using the offset box for my fire and it seems the sweet spot on this one temp wise is 240!

Attachments

• IMG_3767.jpg
    IMG_3767.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 86
Captains log day 1 hour 98627373772... The smokers sweet spot is 240 seems to cook well... Needs a few mods for sure but that was to be expected... I have had a fire going since 6 this morning and have gone through Almost two bags of lump charcoal... The butt is being stubborn and won't finish cooking but I have faith it will be done soon! The country ribs and chicken came out nicely... Will post photos once the butt pulls!

Back