First reverse sear steak!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Still dodging in and out of the store when I need supplies... Today was that day.. hit up the local meat department asked for a 2" cut ribeye. Was real interested in reverse searing with the silverbac.

So I set the silverbac to 225 smoked til steak was at 115 it.. and threw it on the gasser for a quick open flame sear. Seasoned with Oakridge carne crosta.

U6rogC5l.jpg

Here's the steak coming off the silverbac
7XWcblxl.jpg

Threw down a pretty good sear..

8BxzTY5l.jpg

fMa1d5wl.jpg

Last edited:
Still dodging in and out of the store when I need supplies... Today was that day.. hit up the local meat department asked for a 2" cut ribeye. Was real interested in reverse searing with the silverbac.

So I set the silverbac to 225 smoked til steak was at 215 it.. and threw it on the gasser for a quick open flame sear. Seasoned with Oakridge carne crosta.

U6rogC5l.jpg

Here's the steak coming off the silverbac
7XWcblxl.jpg

Threw down a pretty good sear..

8BxzTY5l.jpg

fMa1d5wl.jpg

tenor.gif

Looks great! Don't be afraid to put a "healthy coating" of Carne Crosta on your steak, it's hard to overdo it IMO. I put it on at a thickness level where you can maybe see meat, sometimes, but mostly not :becky:

^^^se a typo for what it is dude...

Nice steak blazin!

THERE... I FIXED IT... HAPPY NOW?!!!! haha.. Trust me it was a lot harder to type that than you think. Alot of confusion with numbers lol

Looks great! Don't be afraid to put a "healthy coating" of Carne Crosta on your steak, it's hard to overdo it IMO. I put it on at a thickness level where you can maybe see meat, sometimes, but mostly not :becky:

Yeah.. Well I forgot to do the 50/50 with santa maria.. almost out of all oak ridge rubs. Trying to conserve.. But I had a nice deep thought about this while seasoning the steak..

For a direct cook I will season heavily because it creates a nice crust.. But I was slightly concerned with smoking it first.. I didn't know how the carne crosta would react to the reverse sear method.. main reason why I went light on hit.

I often do bone in “cowboy ribeyes” the reverse sear method and I don’t use a different amount than direct cook and it still comes just the same :thumb:

Back