First cook on AZ BBQ Scottsdale

Gimmethecash

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Steven
My 4.5 month wait is finally over, got my SS Scottsdale and after a couple of runs with Pam to season, I fired her up for the inaugural cook.

Just a simple prime tomahawk (my first tomahawk) that I seasoned with salt/pepper/garlic powder and served with some salad & garlic-sautéed mushrooms. Sorry no “after” pics, but my other half and I didn’t exactly take our time devouring this one. She took the first bite of it while I was still loading my plate and started OMG-OMG-OMG’ing - she asked me at least 3 times what it was before I could finish tasting it myself. Most excited I’ve ever seen her over a piece of beef, it was phenomenal.

I think my Weber Performer Deluxe will be up for sale soon; it has been my go-to for slaying chicken (with vortex) and beef & pork (with slow & sear), but after I picked up a Gabby’s Grill attachment and discovered how much I prefer live fire to lump charcoal…and lump charcoal to briquettes…and briquettes to gas…and gas to electric…I bought The One to Rule Them All (hmm, “Torta” would be a good name for it if I were to name my cookers).

Here are some less-than-magazine-quality pics, but you can get the idea.

Attachments

• 99C15C04-28F7-4ADA-A3EC-6E3F921446AA.jpg
    99C15C04-28F7-4ADA-A3EC-6E3F921446AA.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 252
That grill is a thing of beauty! Congrats!

Hope you fall completely in love with it for a long time. Great first cook!

Great looking tomahawk. I must admit I’ve done a little “Internet Lusting” over the AZ grills. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, everyone! I’m loving this thing - my stepdaughter came by last night and I grilled some ribs on it, also turned out awesome! Was a bit breezy, but didn’t affect the cook at all.

Back