First Anniversary Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC) Appreciation Cook-off--Discussion and Entry Thread

Andrew, you can create a promotional thread for this one in QT as soon as you can. That way it can be promoted in from QT.

Thanks!

Attention! RULE EDIT

All....One thing I need to add to the rules is that you MUST show the PBC in one of your pictures when you submit. That means most of you should have at least 2 pictures, one showing the PBC cooking your item and the picture you want used as the Official entry picture. However, if you want to use the cook picture showing the PBC cooking your item as your entry picture you can but if you only have one picture it must show the PBC In action. This way there won't be any issues with ensuring all the entries were PBC cooked. This will also help us promote the PBC as well, which let's face it, that's pretty much what this is about, right?
And just to clarify.....For the voting thread, only the picture you state is your Official entry picture will be used.....But post as many pictures as you want. I like seeing several pictures of the cool when I vote in the normal TDs. It gives you an idea of just how creative people can get....

Ok guys bring it!

So, since this got moved to the TD section, does that mean the regular TD prize will be issued to the winner?

So, since this got moved to the TD section, does that mean the regular TD prize will be issued to the winner?

Technically this isn't a TD......However, it was determined it should reside here because it uses the same format as the TD's.

So no, the prize will not be the same as the normal TD prize and there won't be a TD certificate awarded to the winner. However there will be a prize awarded to the winner. :thumb:

Technically this isn't a TD......However, it was determined it should reside here because it uses the same format as the TD's.

So no, the prize will not be the same as the normal TD prize and there won't be a TD certificate awarded to the winner. However there will be a prize awarded to the winner. :thumb:

...and dilly bars?

All....One thing I need to add to the rules is that you MUST show the PBC in one of your pictures when you submit. That means most of you should have at least 2 pictures, one showing the PBC cooking your item and the picture you want used as the Official entry picture. However, if you want to use the cook picture showing the PBC cooking your item as your entry picture you can but if you only have one picture it must show the PBC In action. This way there won't be any issues with ensuring all the entries were PBC cooked. This will also help us promote the PBC as well, which let's face it, that's pretty much what this is about, right?
And just to clarify.....For the voting thread, only the picture you state is your Official entry picture will be used.....But post as many pictures as you want. I like seeing several pictures of the cool when I vote in the normal TDs. It gives you an idea of just how creative people can get....

Ok guys bring it!

Well Shucks! I guess I won't be drilling rod hanging holes thru my WSM now. :tsk: :caked:

***Great News***

If you own a PBC and live outside the US, you are welcome to participate in this cook-off as well!

I spoke with Noah yesterday, I'll be trickling out some news pertaining to the Cook-off, but the first little bit is......I asked him if he'd be willing to ship the prize to the winner if it requires international shipping and he said YES! That's great news as it allows even those PBC owners outside of the US to participate if they want! :thumb:

Not sure if we have any outside the US but it's awesome Noah will ship the prize to wherever the winner lives!......

Last edited:
More News!

EVERYONE has a chance to win!

In addition to a prize going to the entry that receives the most votes, a random drawing will be held for all remaining participants (winner isn't included in the drawing). The winner of the random drawing will receive a 4.7 oz bottle of Pit Barrel All Purpose rub AND a 4.7 oz bottle of Pit Barrel Beef & Game rub, courtesy of Noah Glanville and Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

Last edited:
Ok, so my PBC cook won't happen till next Fri or Sat. There was McRib curveball thrown. Working on that as we speak.

:heh::heh:

UbcM7XOh.png

Lol, I was thinking of entering that one too! But making something in the PBC that would works for both contests....lol. :becky:

Lol, I was thinking of entering that one too! But making something in the PBC that would works for both contests....lol. :becky:

Not using the PBC for the McRib but doable for sure. Since I have an arsenal of cookers :becky: I figure the kamado is perfect for this job. Details to follow when I post the cook.

You should enter Andrew. :nod:

***Prize Package Announcement***

Ok folks, the prize details are worked out and here's what the winner of the contest will receive:
A complete accessory kit including all of the following:
Turkey Hanger
Pit Grips
PBC Cover
Hinged Grate, and
Attachable Ash Pan

Courtesy of Noah Glanville and the Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

That's everything a PBC owner will ever want for his PBC! :thumb::thumb:

Ok folks, the prize details are worked out and here's what the winner of the contest will receive:
Turkey Hanger
Pit Grips
PBC Cover
Hinged Grate, and
Attachable Ash Pan

I sure can use those. :becky:

Turkey Hanger
Pit Grips
PBC Cover
Hinged Grate, and
Attachable Ash Pan

Nice package! Thanks to Noah and Amber!

Back