Firebox liner length for 325 gallon offset

nwolfe88

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Nate
Planning on building a 325 gallon standard flow offset in the vein of Franklin with a 24" inside pipe for the firebox with a larger outside pipe and air gap in between. Question is how long would I want the inside 24" pipe?

Last edited:
Wood splits are usually cut between 18-24" long, so I'd go something like 30" to give you a bit of extra room inside the firebox.

Note : I am not a pitbuilder and am just looking at the usability here.

Length will be dependent on the volume required. There are a couple good build oriented sites out there that can link you to the calculators that help you size things properly. If you need links to the sites, send me a pm.

Length will be dependent on the volume required. There are a couple good build oriented sites out there that can link you to the calculators that help you size things properly. If you need links to the sites, send me a pm.

I've looked and based on those the length would be ridiculous and is nothing at all what the Texas style propane tank builds utilize so they must be all 'wrong' based on those calculators.

I've looked and based on those the length would be ridiculous and is nothing at all what the Texas style propane tank builds utilize so they must be all 'wrong' based on those calculators.

JD of Primitive Pits has a the YT channel Quetorials , did a vid on how ridiculous those calculators can be. I'm working on a tablet right now or I would find a link for you.

JD of Primitive Pits has a the YT channel Quetorials , did a vid on how ridiculous those calculators can be. I'm working on a tablet right now or I would find a link for you.

Yeah I've seen that. Since the 325 tank is the same length as a 500 I was thinking of 36" long for the inner liner of the FB.

Back