THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back9Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Have an upcoming brisket cook for holiday party for neigh or and as laying around today thought I would try the fire in FB without grate. It lit quicker than using basket. Was able get temps up to 450 which I cant do with basket. Burned a heck of a lot cleaner. And control was a lot easier. Didnt expect such a noticeable difference over using basket

Now im at cross roads as my new build thats in progress was based on using 3/8” square FB. I cant go round but wondering if build small basket that sits on floor would mimick. Maybe long wheel chocks that stand 3-4”high will work without sacrificing performance. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add two pieces of sheet metal on the bottom of the FB in a V shape and you've got the same dynamics of a round firebox

Back