Fippity, flip, flip A5 (not mine silly!)

I bought an A5 ribeye that some site was doing a promo on, I forget how much I paid but it was probably $90-100. It was delicious, but very rich, not something I'd want to eat a whole steak worth. We split it several ways. I've spent $100 on much dumber things in my time and don't waste brain cycles pondering how other people spend theirs.

A pack of meat like that has no chance of winding up in my basket. But I'm not mad at him for posting his video.

He is a character for sure and I've enjoyed his work.

I've done it. I bought the whole subprimal and found out a little goes a long way. :-D Cost a pretty penny too and this was before wagyu and A5 in particular took to the stage and blew up.

Suds put it best. It's very good but very rich. Best enjoyed in small portions.

KvceUK3h.jpg

I vacuumed in portions and put in the freezer to use later

3gqFjJch.jpg

nJr6gUgh.jpg

I, for one, love Chud’s stuff! He did it right.

I’ve bought olive wagyu a few times and like it, (the kids like it and the wife hates it), but id rather eat a bone in prime ribeye the size of a small Volkswagen than the 140z olive wagyu. It’s too rich, except in moderation imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've done it. I bought the whole subprimal and found out a little goes a long way. :-D Cost a pretty penny too and this was before wagyu and A5 in particular took to the stage and blew up.

Suds put it best. It's very good but very rich. Best enjoyed in small portions.

KvceUK3h.jpg

I vacuumed in portions and put in the freezer to use later

3gqFjJch.jpg

nJr6gUgh.jpg

Me too. (well no whole rib roast) I bought New York strip at $135/lb. I said I would try it once and only once. It was so good and I will do it again.

when we were taken to a fancy-pants steakhouse for a xmas party long ago (do they still even do those?), I opted to try the wagyu steak (not sure if it was A5). I figured to myself since it's on the house I dont have much to lose. Completely agree with Sako and Suds...VERY RICH...probably not good for a whole meal. I may get a wild hair and do it one more time.

As for Chud, I feel like the is a good balance of knowledge, humor, and not a lot of fluff. He's cool enough to leave most his recipes in his descriptions too. As an added plus, my boys think he's fun to watch, especially his "snake in his boot" schtick. He gives quite a bit of knowledge on his channel.

Supporting $100/lb steak prices is just STUPID!
No piece of beef is worth that.

My point is, as long as someone is willing to pay those prices, they'll keep
charging that much.
This is true of most everything that is over-priced.
I recently refused a prescription (Jardiance) because the pharmacy had it priced at $18+/tablet.
And that was WITH a GoodRx coupon.

Sometimes we just gotta fight back!

Back