THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
This has been on my list for a while but I never got round to making it.
Yesterday, it finally happened.
There are so many recipes that it´s hard to pick. I ended up using Sam The Cooking Guy´s recipe as the list of ingredients was short and looked good (although probably not 100% authentic).

I had a nice chunk of Angus flank steak to work with.
Made the marinate and vacuum sealed meat and marinate and let them do their magic in the fridge for about 5 hours.
Made a nice pico de gallo with shallot, tomato, cilantro, lime zest and juice, oil and seasonings. Also a first and we LOVED it.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

This cook also let me play around with my new Argentine grill a bit more. Still on the learning curve. Made fire under the grate and in the brasero so be ready to cook quicker. Took about 45mins.

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Served with the pico on some homemade corn tortillas.
It was really good with some room for improvement.
Need to get the grill even hotter for more charring.
The flank steak, being thicker, will be marinated overnight next time

Nice work! Great photos too!

I have used Sam's recipe a couple times (easy and tastes good). I think you hit a couple of the main points I have regarding preference; longer marinade time, thinner cut of meat, high heat. I like my asada to have a bit more char than regular steak so I go hot and thin. Just my preference.

Nice job. A nice quick and easy delight!

Yaker

Thanks!

I was surprised how much we like the cilantro, it´s something we don´t use often. Even the misses liked it a lot and now suggested we should try to grow our own (we are growing chiles and some other herbs).

Looks fantastic! My stomach growled instantly.

Thanks! I have that every time I visit this place :-D

That looks great!
You're making it very hard for me not to put an Argentine/Santa Maria in my back yard this summer.

Thanks!
It´s a lot of fun to cook on. I´m gonna do ribs this weekend to see how it work for a longer cook.

Nice work! Great photos too!

I have used Sam's recipe a couple times (easy and tastes good). I think you hit a couple of the main points I have regarding preference; longer marinade time, thinner cut of meat, high heat. I like my asada to have a bit more char than regular steak so I go hot and thin. Just my preference.

Nice job. A nice quick and easy delight!

Yaker

Thanks! I´m gonna see if I can get skirt steak, that should work better but this was pretty darn good anyway.

Back