Finally got the first cook in on the Cascade IVC!

Music Junkie

Full Fledged Farker
Finally got the time to make my first cook in the new pit. It's a lot of fun to cook on, and kept rock solid temps for me . The ribs came out great, and the pit is super fuel efficient. Thanks to Rob over at Cascade Smokers for building such a beautiful beast, and for all the support throughout the process. Can't speak highly enough of the customer service!

Attachments

• 4.11.21 Rib Cook 01.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 01.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 4.11.21 Rib Cook 02.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 02.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 4.11.21 Rib Cook 04.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 04.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 4.11.21 Rib Cook 06.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 06.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 4.11.21 Rib Cook 08.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 08.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 4.11.21 Rib Cook 10.jpg
    4.11.21 Rib Cook 10.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 316
Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words and encouragement! I cannot thank all of you enough for your posts throughout this site. I have learned so much from your collective knowledge and willingness to share it. The world of BBQ has really become a lot of fun for me, and I like the challenge. All the Brethren are a pretty bad ass group of folks.

Congrats on your new Que DeVille! I have the same unit. I have been cooking on it for about 2 years and I am still impressed by the ease of use and the quality of the food. Can't beat the quality of the build either.

I am seriously thinking of selling my offset because I never use it— too much work for similar results from the IVC.

Have fun.

It's a beauty. Either my eyes are deceiving me or maybe it's your camera it appears to be wider than a standard Que Deville?

No, your eyes are spot on. I was looking at the Que-Deville and the Continental, and could not decide which would fit my needs better. I liked the idea of being up a bit higher so I could load fuel and work the pit without bending down, but I wanted a little more space than the Que-Deville offered. I talked everything through with Rob and he sent me some pics of some other mods he had done. I really liked the wider box and staying up high. I ended up with just a tad bit less space than the Continental, but the layout of the Que-Deville. I'm liking it so far.

Smoker and ribs look great! I’ve looked quite hard at the Que Deville and am quite jealous :-D.

Are those short ribs, or just a huge pan? I know ribs don’t fit like that on any cookie sheet I have!

Smoker and ribs look great! I’ve looked quite hard at the Que Deville and am quite jealous :-D.

Are those short ribs, or just a huge pan? I know ribs don’t fit like that on any cookie sheet I have!

Full racks of St. Louis style and a huge pan.:becky:

My wife's large cookie pan has been stolen and placed in the BBQ arsenal. I had to replace it ten fold though.:shock:

Jason, Congratulations on that Big Beautiful Beast!!
Those Ribs look killer and a one trip pan is the only way to go.
Look forward to your future cooks!!

You're right, The Brethren are a great bunch of Guy's and the information and collective knowledge here can help anyone up their game, The Best Site I have ever found!

No, your eyes are spot on. I was looking at the Que-Deville and the Continental, and could not decide which would fit my needs better. I liked the idea of being up a bit higher so I could load fuel and work the pit without bending down, but I wanted a little more space than the Que-Deville offered. I talked everything through with Rob and he sent me some pics of some other mods he had done. I really liked the wider box and staying up high. I ended up with just a tad bit less space than the Continental, but the layout of the Que-Deville. I'm liking it so far.

Good to know my eyes are in decent working order.
The layout and configuration looks great.

Back