Finally figured out the Limo Jr to get close to stick burner

smokeisgood

is one Smokin' Farker
Party in the backyard yesterday. I did a pork butt, pulled chicken and 6 racks of baby backs. After some sage advice from Pappy Q on getting more of a stick burner flavor from the Limo, I think I am finally dialing it in to close to what my offset Pitmaker produced. I used a mixture of what was left from B&B oak briquettes and Gordon's choice briquettes. What I did different this time was I used a beer can chicken rack, turned upside down, over my ash pan. I then used hickory mini splits, which I cut in half and placed side by side with about a 1/2 inch of space between them. Keeps them up out of the ash, lets the ash fall, and keeps a nice long burn on the inside edges, which produced a very nice thin blue smoke. Had to replace the splits about 3 times. Wife said the pulled pork was dead on what I got off the stick burner. When I get around to it, I'll actually make and expanded metal cover for the ash pan, but for now the chicken rack is working perfectly. Sorry, didn't take any pics.

Nice that you got it figured out and the family is happy.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I knew you would get it dialed in. Didn’t happen without the pic’s though, so get cooking and snap a few.

Last edited:
Back