favorite uses for left over steak?

Chili could work. Slice and have with some eggs and taters. Or just make a hash. Quesadillas. Fajitas. Sandwich.

I just ate breakfast and I'm already hungry!

If you don't like the leftover reheated aspect, slice it thin while cold and treat as any med rare roast beef for sandwiches (except it will be more tender and have a good grilled taste).

I like mine with a horseradish sauce and some onions--like a cold Baltimore pit beef.

See, you confused me when you said leftover steak. Usually no such thing in my house.

Now, Tri-Tip, there is usually some left over and it is usually from the thicker (more rare) end of the roast. I put it in a ziplock bag with all the juices from the cutting board and into the fridge. Next day, I slice this really thin and make sandwiches with it. It doesn't need heating up. There is no better sandwich. Well, there might not be one. In my opinion...

I've got a tri-tip that is begging for cooking soon. Normally I'd have enough people in the house that leftovers wouldn't be a thing. I think I'm going to be solo for this one. I'm always disappointed when I try to re-heat a perfect medium rare steak cut. What are some of your favorite ways to use something like that without destroying it?

I saw this in Cooks Illustrated. Preheat an oven to about 225 or 250, place some butter on the beef and heat slowly for 10 to 15 min per pound. I think it turns out quite well this way.

if you don't like the leftover reheated aspect, slice it thin while cold and treat as any med rare roast beef for sandwiches (except it will be more tender and have a good grilled taste).

I like mine with a horseradish sauce and some onions--like a cold baltimore pit beef.

this!!! ^^^^^^^

I love left over steak on a salad, mixed greens, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, red onion and a blue cheese vinaigrette. Oh and don't forget the garlic toast.

Love steak in salad. I was worried that I was going to be the only one to say salad.

Melt butter in small pan. Sauté steak on both sides until nicely browned. Remove steak from pan. Deglaze with 1/4cup dry Marsala wine. Scrape fond. Reduce to a couple tablespoons and remove pan from heat. Add tablespoon butter and swirl to melt. Salt pepper to taste. Pour over steak. Enjoy.

Stir fry,
Nasi goreng,
Thai beef salad
or put into a wrap or rice paper with some cucumber and pickles
plenty plenty possibilities

Back