Exciting New Model(s) from Old Country BBQ Pits

I hope your review(s) will show it to be another great cooker from OC.

Very interested in the price point - an affordable Gravity Fed would be a nice addition.

I can't afford to pay an arm and a leg- be nice to have something somewhere near my budget.

Can't wait to hear more - get some rest... I hear Sunday might be a nice day to cook something /big nudge.

Glad that you made it home, Smitty! I’m waiting for the first naked fatty pictures! :becky:

Glad you made the trip safely. LA Turnarounds can be hip killers.

Congratulations on the new toy (357Sig makes a great BBQ Gun)

God Bless Texas

Last edited:
Alrighty, just finished my Nap so I’ll be Firing it up in a little bit.

Sexy Welds? Nope. Fit n Finish 2nd to None? Nope. Fancy Automotive Paint in a variety of Colors? Nope. Big Casters and Stainless Steel Options? Nope. Other Options? Nope.

Basic Welds that will Hold Up? Check. Basic Rustoleum Flat Black BBQ Paint that you can touch up with a rattle can? Check. Charcoal Chute? Check. Cook Chamber? Check. Ball Valve Intake? Check. Gaskets on doors and chute? Check. (This T/E Model has glue on felt gaskets but production units will have better gaskets - rope gaskets or tadpole gaskets). A Simple Basic design that’s nothing special but should work? Check.
An estimated Price Range that Po’ Boys and Working Class Stiffs can Afford? Check.
That concludes our Pre Flight Checks. Lift Off Shortly............

Last edited:
Trying to be patient...
7d2325a8d0672855630259faa98a0c1a.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Have to be patient

it's raining cats and dogs in DFW.... that would put a damper on a new pit break in.

if you are anxious, imagine how HE feels.

ZGzlk5el.jpg

I dont have a weed burner or even a thermometer for it. This is the firegrate. started up a full chimney, dumped in, pured some more KBB and a few chunks, then more KBB then a few Chunks and more KBB. Chute Held 20 lbs.

0qGOpSCl.jpg

Got Maverick probes running thru thermometer hole in Door. One on grate 2nd from top and one on bottom grate - in the centers. Not sure if these probes are both acurrate. I don't have any oven thermos. Started Far apart in temps now getting closer........I don't have a Temp Control Puffer - running on 2" Ball valve.

RpDCITAl.jpg

A2KDJKEl.jpg

I put 2 Fist sized chunks in the firebox. cant fit splits.........

Jmrfwfbl.jpg

l2r19ffl.jpg

It has 4 grates - 23 x18"ish

AdULMczl.png

fQuBqg1l.jpg

fEaNnqXl.jpg

Floor in the cook chamber is slopped to the center with a drain.

8TNTjvHl.jpg

Not running a Water Pan this Time. Gonna see how it does without one but I generally run water pans.

Last edited:
Well one of the probes temp is jumping around - reads 330 then 10 seconds later 240 then 270. Mavericks are Junk.
I've bought atleast 6 replacement probes including the "Better" ones - thats why I quit using this Maverick. So I can't tell you How far apart top to bottom temps are........ :frusty:

Back