Good News from Old Country

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Finally heard from Alejandro. He has been in Mexico Much of the Last 6-8 months revamping manufacturing. He also said Old Country And Academy have Finally come to an agreement on a smaller less expensive Gravity Fed that should be out this Spring or Early Summer. :clap2:
I don’t have pricing or size details but he originally wanted to put out a unit in the $1200-$1500 range.

That IS good news... and I might have just enough time to get a Go Fund Me account working.

Not sure how to spin it though. I'm not sure how much traction I will get with "help- need $$ for new smoker" :grin:

That IS good news... and I might have just enough time to get a Go Fund Me account working.

Not sure how to spin it though. I'm not sure how much traction I will get with "help- need $$ for new smoker" :grin:
e062da94f962bd0dd5939d3d409d3a58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I can’t hardly wait to see it..........:clap2: start saving some $ and/or Hold on to your tax refunds......

Last edited:
Thanks Smitty.

Are they changing anything with their other models (Brazos)? I'm still eyeing a Brazos for this spring assuming the budget allows it.

Thanks Smitty.

Are they changing anything with their other models (Brazos)? I'm still eyeing a Brazos for this spring assuming the budget allows it.

I don’t believe so. The current models aren’t changing that I know of - he’s working this Gravity Fed and QC and Effeciency at the production shop.

Last edited:
$1200.00 is a lot of money for me to have sitting in one pile- not a complaint- just a fact. BUT it is a small enough sum that I could see socking away a bit at the time.

Having to piece it together will give some time for the "deeper pockets" to buy, test and review the new cooker. This will be a good thing.

There is an Academy in Mesquite - if they get one on display, I'll swing by, take pics and leave them scattered around my desk so the wife might get a hint.

It’ll be the Lil Sister of this One.......He Originally pitched this one to Academy But they said it was Too Big and Too Expensive........so he set out to make a similar smaller one that Academy would Buy and says he Finally has a model/prototype they want to carry.......

e05d69176bed75c2dc7fe24c7e6b0fd8.jpg
673b737db8d295115712a6c88232ef92.jpg
53293d6e2403e628851dda9fc4902ab2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Possibly about like : although I havn’t seen it or seen plans/drawings for it .....Yet.........

32c4a59c60c51299ec10ca406d6182e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped by bucees in houston today. They had a ton of Old Country cookers. They were mostly the Brazos and Catalina i think. Beautiful welds, heavy as hell and really good fit and finish. I was impressed.

^^^ my point is that when the price goes up so does the quality and materials. Hopefully the GF is the same.

He’s been working on Quality Control on All of the models but being Heavier Gauge and Higher Price the Brazos has a lil better fit n finish.

Last edited:
Back