Dry curing, sausage making and other Charcuterie recipes

CarolinaQue

is One Chatty Farker
Lately I have been getting into dry curing and various sausage style recipes. I have purchased "Charcuterie" and "Great Sausage Recipes" and have enjoyed making some of the recipes, but I was curious as to what the Brethren might have to offer.

I have built a humidity control chamber in my basement, have a dedicated fridge for the process and all of the tools. Looking for recipes in the 5 lb range so I don't make to much and to keep it reasonable for my constraints.

Also, any tips or lessons you have learned would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Lately I have been getting into dry curing and various sausage style recipes. I have purchased "Charcuterie" and "Great Sausage Recipes" and have enjoyed making some of the recipes, but I was curious as to what the Brethren might have to offer.

I have built a humidity control chamber in my basement, have a dedicated fridge for the process and all of the tools. Looking for recipes in the 5 lb range so I don't make to much and to keep it reasonable for my constraints.

Also, any tips or lessons you have learned would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

make sure you are using the proper cure for drying sausages.. Cure #2 and cure #1 are NOT interchangeable....

This item makes temperature control in the fridge an easy task. Can be used on a refrigerator or a freezer.

Johnson Temp Control

A good sausage reference can be found here.. http://lpoli.50webs.com/

A good humidity controller placed in the refrigerator with a cheap ultrasonic humidifier plugged into it will run the process like it is on auto-pilot..

make sure you are using the proper cure for drying sausages.. Cure #2 and cure #1 are NOT interchangeable....

This item makes temperature control in the fridge an easy task. Can be used on a refrigerator or a freezer.

Johnson Temp Control

A good sausage reference can be found here.. http://lpoli.50webs.com/

A good humidity controller placed in the refrigerator with a cheap ultrasonic humidifier plugged into it will run the process like it is on auto-pilot..

An even better controller would be a Helix DBS 1000. It is a proportional thermostat as opposed to the A419 which is a non-proportional thermostat.

Back