Don't know what I did, but it sure was good!

garyk1398

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Gary
Here's what I did and know my brethren will help me with the verbage. Chuckeye- coated with evoo, montreal steak seasoning and bovine bold combo, then pan seared in my cast iron just to seal in the juices. Then into the oven for 15 minutes at 350* Then I took it out of the oven and poured some Jim Beam into the pan to loose up the lil' bits of goodness. A dash of corn starch, quick whisk and then down the hatch it went! :hungry: Man...I needed this after a crappy morning!! :thumb:
A tall glass of Jim Beam and Coke is also helping to wash it down:thumb: I'm guessing a reverse sear:help:

Last edited:
Not reverse sear, in fact, it sounds very much like the classical method I learned for roasting small meats. The guy that taught me called it a French Roast method, sear in a very hot pan, throw pan and meat into oven, cook until done, remove meat and rest, then deglaze. This results in an excellent roast, but, it looks like you know that.

Not reverse sear, in fact, it sounds very much like the classical method I learned for roasting small meats. The guy that taught me called it a French Roast method, sear in a very hot pan, throw pan and meat into oven, cook until done, remove meat and rest, then deglaze. This results in an excellent roast, but, it looks like you know that.

Thanks for the info!:clap2:

Very nice Gary! And to think I stopped by your office with some goodies this morning and you didn't share any of that with me!

It looks delicious! What you did was sear-roast it, a very common cooking method. Actually, contrary to popular belief, the sear does very little to seal in juices. It's purpose is to caramelize the sugars in the surface of the meat and create that tasty dark brown crust.

This works phenominally well with a nice ribeye, as well. :thumb:

Back