Dino Bones-Pron

Seefyre

Take a breath!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Chris
I picked up an impressive plate of short ribs recently. As a bark lover I really wanted to try a new shaker of Tatanka Dust. Cooked on a Weber Performer, hot and fast at around 300 F. Wrapped in parchment at 170 and pulled when it probed like butter. Apple chunks for smoke. WOW is all I can say.

Attachments

• IMG_8890.jpg
    IMG_8890.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_8891.jpg
    IMG_8891.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 434
Man and to think I also picked some up today.

You make me wish I had got them.

Looks great.

yep, that's the stuff right there! quit making them look so good though or everyone's gonna want to buy them and drive the prices up!

Nice Cook Man! I wish I could find some bones like that here. They are all the shorties.. I buggered mine up when I tried to keep the temp at 250 so I didnt scorch the baked beans.

Nice looking shorties. I only do the back ribs. Have yet to find a nice rack of short ribs like that. Man those are meaty! They look great.

Short ribs, if cut parallel to the bone they are called english cut ribs, if cut crosscut they are called crosscut or flanken ribs.

Where I am at they sell short ribs usually in a package of 5 individual bones each. They also sell the cross cut bones. I asked my grocery store butcher this weekend and he said the could sell me short ribs on a rack. It's on my to do list...

Back