THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

misterrachel

Knows what a fatty is.
So, made my first batch of dino bones on the UDS this weekend.

-Rubbed with Yardbird
-Went on the UDS for about 6 hours at 225* - 275* with some hickory (had quite a bit of temp flux, because I'm not good at controlling it yet)
-Brushed with Gates Sweet BBQ Sauce during the last 10 minutes

They ROCKED! Even my two little hungry carnivores enjoyed them! Served 'em with a side of oven-baked acorn squash.

The other pic is my non-bbq PRON from last night's dinner. Lengua tacos! That was really easy. Beef tongue in the crockpot, covered with water, added the rings from 1/2 of a white onion, 5 garlic cloves & salt. Went on low for a little over 8 hours. Pulled from the crockpot, removed the outer skin and chopped up. Fired up the cast-iron and toasted some flour tortillas with some margerine. Put the meat inside and covered with verde sauce. Yum!

Attachments

Your dino bones look awesome.
I tried to purchase some 2 days ago but saw none in the display case.
I asked the butcher and he said their supplier doesn't carry them any more.
I was totally bummed as I had some at the A. Royal and they were awesome.

Your dino bones look awesome.
I tried to purchase some 2 days ago but saw none in the display case.
I asked the butcher and he said their supplier doesn't carry them any more.
I was totally bummed as I had some at the A. Royal and they were awesome.

If they do not carry 4 inch short ribs.... (GASP).... do not go back. Support butchers who know what's up.

Back