THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(nakedwiz).com Gives you everything there is on lump and briquettes.Great site,just wanna know who spent this much time researching it. I use royal oak from Wallyworld. Good ratings

Sorry, But better use(( nakedwhiz)) or you might get something you don't want

i find that after about a 5 hour cook on my uds, i have only burned 15-20% of my kingsford lump. i also just close the vents and on the next cook i just shake the burned ash out of the firebox, add a few coals and start over again!!:mrgreen:

Kid,
Close your vents when you are taking the lid off, actually a little before, and you won't get as much of a spike. Just have to remember to reopen.
Last time I did that, I thought my fire went out as well, but 1/2 hour later it was hot again. Just must have shut the fire way down. :biggrin:

I usually do but I was not having the best of days...LOL

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47752

and I do think If I had let it sit with the open vents it would have fired back up but 10 degrees in the oven was ok by me.

Desert Dweller said:
"Well, it wood seem that I need to try lump, don't ya think?"

I do think lump is the way to go!

funny you bring this up - we experimented with lump this weekend on 4 racks of ribs. 1 WSM with 2 funnles of K and the other WSM with a funnel and a 1/2 of Cowboy.

Lump smelled much better, did not leave that odd flavor in the meat that K does and it did burn hotter and faster. I liked it better.

Just imagine what it'll be like when you try some real lump.

(Cowboy=not-so-good-lump)

Back