Dedicated BBQ deck build

It's a calm, sunny day, perfect for adding some gutters and moving a down spout. My wife will appreciate them over her flower bed, potting bench, and herb garden. I'll appreciate them over the BBQ Command Center.

Hang on (no pun intended...)

Are you telling me the a retired orchestra teacher has those kinds of ladders and standoffs laying around, er did ya have someone move the downspout fer ya? :shocked:

Hang on (no pun intended...)

Are you telling me the a retired orchestra teacher has those kinds of ladders and standoffs laying around, er did ya have someone move the downspout fer ya? :shocked:

Definitely not my ladders. (Clint Eastwood voice) A man's got to know his limitations.

Edit: This retired orchestra teacher does have a few tools that might surprise you, but tall ladders are not among them!

Last edited:
I've gotta get one of those ladders. I have one high light bulb that I hate to replace.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am thinking had laying around. Did you happen to notice Bill's workshop area. Very nice :thumb:

I have a couple of ladders but nothing suitable for hanging gutters 20 feet up. I do have some cool tools--metal lathe and mill, dividing head, wood lathe, planer, jointer, table saw, router, drill press, bench motor, arbor press, knife forge, etc.--but not much in the way of good tools for making a simple deck. Most of the time when I leave my little precision shop and venture outside, I feel like I'm trying to make an omelet in an offset, or (better analogy) trying to smoke a brisket in a toaster.

A question for y'all in the cable business. Is it SOP to lay your cable two inches deep? Yikes! And yes, I nicked it and now need to go get some repair tape.

Back