Dedicated BBQ deck build

Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to go on record as one who fully recognizes that I am not the leader of the tribe! In fact, I am now rolling on my back and peeing on myself in obsequious self-abasement!

Sako is the alpha!

Some weather blew in last night before I could even get the cover back on the cooker. So no work on the project till maybe Wednesday. Fortunately, I was able to finish a brisket Saturday and a tri-tip last night before the rain and sleet rolled through.

The weather was unfavorable last week, but we got a beautiful Sunday afternoon yesterday and things finally dried out a bit. Unfortunately all I accomplished was grinding/chiseling off some protruding concrete and capping a sprinkler line. But I think I'm back in the saddle now, and I should be posting quite a few more pictures soon.

The last American made Milwaukee cordless is a beast, but it still complains a lot drilling 1/2-inch holes into poured concrete. I should have rented a corded hammer drill. Still might. We'll see.

Shaping up nicely, not to rain on your parade but that PT lumber is most likely not designed for ground contact. You might consider moving some of that dirt so your joist are not laying on it.

I understand your concern. I could have waited for the ground contact-rated PT lumber to come back into the stores, but given the explosion of home building in the area (Meridian is currently the fastest growing city in America) I might have had to wait till 2022 or even 2023 to begin the project. Also, I've had extremely good luck with the stuff you see in the photos on other ground contact projects here, most likely because we have around ten inches of rain a year (almost all of it in the spring) and the ground where you don't aim the sprinklers tends to stay desert dry almost year round.

Last edited:
Ya seeing a shortage, Tom?
I had a load of tji's..210 series hot shotted up from Montana...took a week...some hotshot, eh?
5 ply, 1 and two t&g....$80 per...236 pieces fer this one.
Getting ridiculous..

-D

ya Dave ply in quantiles is 4-6 weeks out, osb up 300% ^ don't us it much but... ply and lumber 150% it gets tough on long phased job we tend to do

Back