THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Juggy D Beerman

Full Fledged Farker
Yo to all, I am wondering how others would decide on how to solve this issue at hand.

The local Hy-Vee has brisket on "sale" for $4.95 per pound. I guess you could call on sale as ten days ago, their choice briskets for $8.95 per pound.

My other option for spending 80-90 bucks on a piece of cow is making a 30 mile drive to Price Chopper for a boneless KC strip roast selling for $4.99 per pound. If I buy the roast, I will cut my own steaks about 1.25" thick and freeze most of them for future use.

Anyone got any advice or comments?

Lager,

Juggy

BTW, I have had a few shout outs from old friends from years ago. I apologize for not returning comments to their posts. I don't get on-line as much as I used to and it is difficult for me to make a timely reply.

Well, the KC strip loin has got a great beefy flavor, (more so than a tenderloin I think) and you don't have to cook it tender because it is. The brisket will loose 40% of it's weight from trim and cooking, so the $5 a pound raw will equal $7 or $8 cooked.

You know how to cook both, but I'd go with the KC strip loin now and maybe brisket prices will come down.

BTW, I have had a few shout outs from old friends from years ago. I apologize for not returning comments to their posts. I don't get on-line as much as I used to and it is difficult for me to make a timely reply.

Guilty. I've got your number, let me find my Pastrami notes and your last 'e' and let's talk Monday? Shoot me an email if that not a good day.

My goodness, try "Wild Fork". Best prime briskets I've ever cooked (better than Costco's prime briskets) at a much discounted rate than you're talking about, when considering the difference in choice and prime quality.

Back