THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

xjcrazy

Knows what a fatty is.
Bought a bottle of Crown Royal Apple the other day and although I'm not particularly fond of Crown, I'm more of a Ridgemont Reserve guy, it wasnt too bad mixed with cranberry Sprite or some sweet and sour. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it in their sauces, marinades or bastes?

I've drank a bottle of it. Very candy apple flavored. I expected something a little better I guess.

Great for nippin' off a flask at inappropriate places

Had plenty of whiskeys/bourbons but never any infused with apple. :shock: I usually do simmer a sauce of bourbon/butter/and brown sugar (in about equal parts) and put on ribs before and after the foil. That apple in the bourbon may be a nice addition to this...

More of a Jameson and 7-UP man myself haha but honestly hard for me to use some good whiskey/bourbon on anything else but drinking

Bloody shame to waste Crown but they started it by putting Apple flavor in it so I think it's fair game now.

Had plenty of whiskeys/bourbons but never any infused with apple. :shock: I usually do simmer a sauce of bourbon/butter/and brown sugar (in about equal parts) and put on ribs before and after the foil. That apple in the bourbon may be a nice addition to this...
I do a similar sauce/glaze. I add one part mustard. Cook it down some on stove to make a glaze for pork or poultry.

And, BTW:
I thought Crown Royal was a Canadian Whiskey, not Bourbon?

I do a similar sauce/glaze. I add one part mustard. Cook it down some on stove to make a glaze for pork or poultry.

And, BTW:
I thought Crown Royal was a Canadian Whiskey, not Bourbon?

Never thought of adding mustard...will try! Course ground I assume??

Not is sauce.

It make a decent Washington Apple. Just add Cranberry

Oroiginal recipe is Crown, Apple Pucker, and Cranberry. Good on a hot day and goes down like candy.

Never play Beer pong using Washington apple - Trust me!

Back