Creamy Garlic Dip

Pyrotech

Full Fledged Farker
This one if for the garlic lovers in the crowd. My creamy garlic Dip, great with chips of course... along with veggies for those who want a healthier option. and you can take some and thin out with some half and half to make a creamy garlic dressing for a salad. Or one of my favorites, add some dry colemans mustard and make a spread to go on a burger

recipe is simple and fast to make, once the garlic is creamed.

1 head of garlic, yes the whole thing

24 oz sour cream

8 oz real Mayo

dry Italian Seasoning from the spice aisle

Red wine vinegar

fine sea salt

First step is to cream the garlic, peel the whole head and through the cloves into the food processor, add salt to cover the garlic with a light layer of the sea salt. this helps pull the juices out and makes it creamy. pulse until fine. I had to add a splash of the red wine vinegar to help it along, not to much though. don't want it runny.

Dump the contents out on a large cutting board, take the back of large knife, something like a santoku is perfect. and push and pull the the garlic back and forth until it is a creamy paste for the visual here is a video i found that shows you how,.

https://youtu.be/eOyjFc0Utw8

Dump the sour cream into a mixing bowl, add the creamy garlic paste, and Mayo. add the dry Italian seasoning, about 2 tablespoons worth, and about the same with the red wine vinegar. Mix well, by hand. chill for a few hour in the refrigerator, the garlic flavor will become more intense as it sits.

This sounds amazing - We love doing roasted garlic in the oven, but the... *cough* aftermath the next day... :shock: man, I get the winds something awful.

I'll bet the Colemans option is tops.

Just wondering,would roasted garlic be easier to emulsify into the recipe?Maybe the pulsed raw garlic has more kick? Your thoughts?

Just wondering,would roasted garlic be easier to emulsify into the recipe?Maybe the pulsed raw garlic has more kick? Your thoughts?

Never tried it with roasted, but It would probably mellow it out alot...

The garlic paste is.actually really easy to make if using rhe food processor first. Especially when doing mre than a clove or two

Back