Couple of Butts on the 26.75 OTG

Two good looking butts. Wish I was there to sample. All the sides look like they would go down easy too, a cold beverage couldn't hurt. Good job!!!

Just for the record, the mojo marinated pork butt, thin sliced makes a pretty incredible Cuban sandwich. Heated some of the thin sliced pork in a pan just enough to warm it up and mark it, fresh Cuban roll with mayo & mustard, layered on about 3/4 inch of the pork, a couple slices of swiss and some pickle slices thin into the panini press.

That all looks and sounds good. Love cubanos.

Dave, you put Calle Ocho to shame with that pork.

Thanks Marty, but that's a pretty high-bar comparison. Florida, especially Tampa, the SE coast and the Keys are blessed with so many really outstanding Cuban restaurants. My all time favorite for sandwiches is the Key West Corner Sandwich Shop. They are a combo laundromat, Cuban/Spanish grocery and sandwich shop. We always hit them at about 6:00 AM on the way to Garrison Bight to meet a charter boat; they make an absolutely awsome breakfast Cuban w/egg and by far the best cold Cuban I've ever had. Damn, now that I've remembered that I think I'll have to make me a Cuban breakfast sammie tomorrow!

Back