THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lou_C

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Lou
I've been eying a temp controller for my Weber kettle for years, and just came across a great deal on a used Party Q.

I'm all set for drilling the hole and all, but wondering if anyone had connected a Guru using some combination of standard Home Depot available parts, rather than the official Guru Weber adapter.

Given the deal I got on the Party Q it stings a little to drop $30+ more on what would seem a pretty simple piece. More importantly, I'd have to wait for it to arrive rather than crank it up this weekend.

I'm hoping maybe somebody along the way transitioned a Guru from a kamado to a kettle or something, and figured out an "unauthorized" way to connect it without the official adapter.

Thanks!

Probably too late to help you but I bit the bullet & bought the adapter for my kettle, it works slick as s*** I am going to purchase another one to use in my Summit so I don't have to swap them around.

Back