COMPETITION CLASS: For Charity by Pappy Q

Pappy Q

is Blowin Smoke!
Disclaimer: If you are considering taking a class from such Professional Pitmasters as Tuffy Stone, Rod Grey, Donny Bray, Heath Riles, Travis Clark, Johnny Trigg, Myron Mixon, Rub Bagby, Scott Smith, Mike Davis, Scottie Johnson, the Gateway Drum guys or any other top BBQ Cooks..DO NOT consider this class as a replacement for those. These guys know more about competition BBQ than I ever will and are certainly much more qualified and successful than me.

Date: 8/13/16
Time: 8am-8pm or until the last question is answered
Cost: Make a donation to Operation BBQ Relief, St. Joe's Childrens Home (Louisville, KY) or a local charity of your choice. Just tell me which one you chose.

What you get: multiple recipes that I've used over the years, meat selection and trimming, box building, my cooking experience on different smokers (Lang, Jambo, Deep South, Southern Q, Backwoods, Humphreys, Victory Smokers, Gateway Drum. Jambo, Southern Q and Gateway Drum will be used in the class) and of course my opinions on the judging process, KCBS and anything else you want to know.

What you don't get: free product samples (I'm not sponsored by anyone), goody bag, meals (there will be tasting of the bbq cooked) and I will not divulge who I've learned what from.

For more info and to sign up, email me at pappyqbbq@gmail.com

Will you be able to help recommend a good clean room to stay at for the weekend for this?

The class will be at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Louisville South. Address is 362 Brenton Way, Shepherdsville Ky 40165. They will have discounted rooms available for 8/12 & 13. You'll be able to make reservations beginning this Friday by calling the hotel and ask for the "Pappy Q" block. There are also several other hotels at that exit.

Back