THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
I cooked this up Wed. the 28th for the comfort food throw down, only to find out there is no 32nd of November!!

Having a paw from the hills of Tennesse, there was a never ending rotation of hill country foods mom would create. Any damn kind of bean this or that with pork feet and s*it, stomach contents and onions, fried chicken guts, Jonny cakes stacked between raw onion, stewed tomatoes, and soft yolk eggs (eewww).
One meal I especially loved was chicken and dumplings, moved out got married and never saw them again. Mom passed and I never even thought about learning how to make this. It took quite a few tries but now I'm Mr. Chicken and Dumplings. Thanks, Ma...

Started off with a mirror paw of sliced onion, celery, carrots in butter. Cook till softish, add 1 1/2 box of chicken stock, throw in chicken, wings and legs detached (cause that's the way Ma did it).

Hour and a half later pulled chicken pieces out, let cool and shred.

Simple is as simple does, add a few dried herbs, mix up some dumpling fixins, (Princess Peggy doesn't like a dumpling) pour in a bowl, throw some butter on top the dumpling, and we eat.

Miss ya Ma.
Ed

One of my all-time favorites, you did your mother proud! If I want that dish around my house, I have to cook it myself. My wife doesn't care for it and the few times that I do get to cook it, the fond memories return of my mother cooking it, as well.
Very, very good!

Back