THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
IMF
There is a “Steak Cook-Off!” Throwdown going on and I agreed to give the snap snap drink flip method so here we go.

Got a couple sides going on the Yoder. Beef Plate Ribs and Mac & Cheese topped with crushed cheese sun chips.

sides.jpg

Fired up the Weber Performer for the Steak cook and the rain came pushed sideways by the wind. It took longer but the rain stopped and the coals and wood chunks got good and hot

The Bone In Ribeye was seasoned with a course Garlic infuse Salt and Porcini Mushroom Rub.

Adult beverage and spares are ready so on the grill it goes.

Start.jpg

About every 10 seconds, I snapped the tongs twice, took a drink of Beverage and completed the flip. This process was repeated 13 times.

Flip1.jpg

Flip2.jpg

Flip3.jpg

Flip4.jpg

Flip5.jpg

Flip6.jpg

Flip7.jpg

Flip8.jpg

Flip9.jpg

Flip10.jpg

Flip11.jpg

Flip12.jpg

Flip13.jpg

After 13 successful snap, snap, drink, flip procedures the Steak was removed to rest.

Rested.jpg

It was then cut (OK, I forgot to take a pic before cutting )

Cut.jpg

And plated

Plated.jpg

The crust was perfect and the flavor was amazing. Next time I might back off a couple flips but I was having so much fun.

I will use this method again
Thanks for Lookin
SD

Hold up!!

The flip, sip, flip method was never mentioned and never occurred to me.

So you FLIP, SIP (insert adult beverage here) & FLIP??

Mind blown..

My next steak will be cooked this way

You not only did the flipping method justice, you clicked your tongs twice and had a drink between flips. :hail:

This should put to rest any further controversy about the flipping/fleaking method, and conclusive proof beyond any shadow of a doubt that this method is both scientifically sound, and the only way to cook a steak.

Oh, and the steak looks great, too! :thumb:

Hold up!!

The flip, sip, flip method was never mentioned and never occurred to me.

So you FLIP, SIP (insert adult beverage here) & FLIP??

Mind blown..

My next steak will be cooked this way

Don't forget the Click Click. It is the signal you about to sip and flip.

You can do it! :thumb::thumb:

I only flip once. How am I supposed to finish my drink? or two? :confused:

You just need to break out of the "that's the way I have always done it" funk and try something new.

There is more way than one to get it done.

Way better than the tide pod challenge.

Looks Ph@rking Phantastic! Beautiful!

I imagine the number of flips is determined by the thickness of the Steak. Can’t quite tell how thick that one was. Inch and a quarter to inch and a half?

Back