Citrus Marinated Skirt Steak Tacos With Peruvian Aji Verde Sauce!

Camadile

Knows what a fatty is.
Skirt steak (or "flap meat") is one of my most favorite cuts of beef. It is super tender, has good marbling and really takes to a marinade! Because it is relatively thin, I have found that the key to cooking it is to hit it hot, hard and fast on very high heat so that the outside is "blackened" but the inside is rare to medium rare. My Mojoe Griddle is the perfect tool for searing this cut of meat and the sugars in the citrus marinade that I used promotes an absolutely wonderful blackening effect!

The marinade: Three oranges, two lemons, two limes, one tbs. garlic powder, one tbs. onion powder, salt and pepper (cayenne optional). Marinate for about an hour.

The other star of this taste explosion taco is the Peruvian Aji Verde sauce. Verde means green and boy, is it ever green! There are many variations on this sauce but after many tries, I have come up with one that works perfectly on a carne asada taco. The recipe includes cilantro, pasilla chilies, jalapenos, bell pepper, garlic, lime, cottage cheese, salt pepper and oil.

So my son made a video of this cook. Fair warning, a good friend of mine stopped over to my house just as we were starting the cook and after a couple of beers, she got a little wacky and I played along with her antics! A good time was had by all and the evening was capped off with some incredible tacos. The recipe for the Aji Verde sauce is fully explained/demonstrated in the film. Here's the video:

[ame]https://youtu.be/MkMIKSLTx-k[/ame]

Cam

Farkin' bastidge.

Post this on a Friday night when I have nothing to cook? Curse you Mojo Man!

Those tacos, and that aji sauce, look damn good.

Back