Chili on a stick (warning: 12 pictures)

I know I should have had some other reaction, but...

My first thought was "Why didn't he use corn flour or better yet crushed Frito's"

I'll go to my room now....

Wow! Looks awesome!

A couple of suggestions:

- Spray the cups or ice trays with a little Pam before pouring chili.

- Flour the cups, too?

- Pre-freeze the paper cups with the PAM? Might keep the oil on the sides rather than mixing in.

- If using the sticks, spray them, too

- How about using those waterbottle ice cube trays (long and thin) and then frying them like mozzarella sticks?!

- Cheese mixed in would be cool, too

I look forward to trying this one!

I know I should have had some other reaction, but...

My first thought was "Why didn't he use corn flour or better yet crushed Frito's"

I'll go to my room now....

Mmmmmm - Frito Pie on a Stick.

YES!!!!!! I don't know if I've ever been so proud to be a Brethren!

Watch out! The next time you see it, it will be on the Emeril show as one of his new ideas.

Uh-Oh NCGrimbo! Looks like you may have started a movement! Speaking of which, I have to go potty.

Great idea, I have to add this to my must try list. I think I will try the no stick method.

Farking speechless :eek:!!! When I first saw the thread, I thought that some loony tune was threading beans onto a skewer and smokin' them, but this, this is good stuff right there...

I made the chili good and thick so a spoon could stand up in it.
Chili.jpg

It's in the fridge cooling off now. I'm hoping I can spoon it out into little balls and then freeze them to solidify for the batter. I'm so excited, and think I'll do some in a beer batter and some in a corn batter, maybe add some cheese to some, and maybe even smother some in cheese and bacon with a dollop of sour cream!:shock: I'm jsut gonna have fun with it for a while.

These things need a good name.

Back