THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great looking wings Enrico. As always, try not to cook by time, but by temp. Wings are dark meat, so pull when they get above 165*. I prefer higher, like 180*.

Thoey, I cooked by Temp, but skin was not crispy. Just like paper thin. But not crispy.
Then I moved to a kind of "probe test" wich was more a "sound test": I knocked the skin and if crispy You hear it sound in "that way".

Those wings look really good. I am in the smoke then sear camp. We love smoked wings better than any other way. I smoke them over apple chunks in my WSM for 1-1/2 hours at 250. Then tighten up the skin for just a few minutes on a hot grill. Perfect every time.

This is a real success method I used my first time. But not so many wings Im able to set on the 22WSM. MY 26 OTG is much more wide (and shorter time too, and less fuel too, and less setup too.... in one word easyer)

Back