Chicken Stir Fry on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Stir Fry is always a fun dinner on the Blackstone. I realize I've posted these before and hope these cooks aren't getting boring.

Tonight it's:

Chicken Stir Fry with

Bok Choy
Sh!take Mushrooms
Red Bell Peppers
Udon Noodles

Lots of prep work but the stir frying goes fast.

Prepping the Bok Choy -

gY0ueWc.jpg

Peppers are sliced -

GSQF1cj.jpg

Sh!take Mushrooms being rehydrated -

ydQRxwU.jpg

Two boneless Chicken Breasts are cut to size and placed in the marinade (Soy, Dark Soy, Mirin, Cornstarch, Chicken stock) -

kEQ3Ptq.jpg

Not much to do with the Udon Noodles other than open the package -

W7uCqq8.jpg

Out to the Blackstone. Chicken goes on first -

4zXpbii.jpg

Denser sections of Bok Choy are next -

0kU3IBE.jpg

Once those are underway, add the Sh!takes, Red Peppers and Bok Choy leaves. The Udon Noodles go last -

agJMUMx.jpg

ERpKCLH.jpg

It's not a stir fry unless you stir everything together. Finally add some additional sauce that was prepared -

dmhF3eA.jpg

WBvw4zu.jpg

We are ready to eat!! Garnish with green onion -

Xz4575B.jpg

Plated -

ix0EIbG.jpg

9OjMg5A.jpg

EX2GOSZ.jpg

Yep, as good as it looks! Stir fry on the Blackstone is just too darn easy and so worth the time it takes to prep. But it comes together very quickly once you get going so you need to be ready with serving dishes, etc.

Thanks for following along on a Wednesday Chicken Stir Fry dinner.

Regards,
-lunchman

Looks great! You always make me (and others) want to go cook on the blackstone.

Dom, did you brave 9 ft of that Mass. snow to fire up the Blackstone? :p

Looks great as usual. Keep posting.

Thanks Kevin. Blackstone stir fry is fun to make.

We had less than 4" here yesterday. :-o. This year I bought an electric SnoJoe thrower specifically for the bbq area Trex decking. So it's guaranteed not to snow which is fine by me. Like others, the older I get the more I dislike it. How many days till Spring? :mrgreen:

Dom, you made that look like a classic Shanghainese noodle dish the way everything was prepped. Really nice indeed.

Next time try these noodles.
10012-done_1024x1024.jpg

These ones hold together better on a blackstone. An Udon noodle is more of a delicate soup noodle. Take the Hokkien Noodles, warm them up in the packet with boiling water, and fry them up. You will love them!

Cheers!

Bill

Looks fantastic as usual Dom. I haven't done noodles yet so looking forward to trying that, always rice. Keep the posts coming :-D

Back