Chicken And Waffles

That looks awesome. I didn’t get chicken and waffles until I ordered it, and loved it.

I had this version at Bread Winners in Dallas (I was skeptical because now I am a chicken and waffles purist) and it was killer:

Jalapeno bacon cheddar waffles, crispy chicken, cream gravy, "Henry's Hot Sauce", maple syrup.

Thanks Eric! I totally hear you. :thumb:

That's a fantastic looking dish for sure! I use maple syrup on bbq sometimes actually. I mix it with a good balsamic about 1:1 and it makes a pretty good sauce, strange as it sounds.

Thank you!

Nothing strange in cooking brother. I mean if you can use honey on ribs or in general why not a good quality maple syrup.

Yes, please! Had no idea about Trader Joe's pre-brined buttermilk bird! Crazy.

It's excellent Marc. This is what's going down right now. When I picked it up you and Marty came to mind :nod:

y8wczMcl.jpg

WQrBxMLl.jpg

It's excellent Marc. This is what's going down right now. When I picked it up you and Marty came to mind :nod:

y8wczMcl.jpg

WQrBxMLl.jpg

Those are gonna be good. Lookin good raw!

I tried the original Peri-Peri I think from Australia and boy it was hot. A little too hot for me but for sure a different kind of hot flavor that was appealing.

ENTERTAINMENT-131119795-EP-1-0.jpg

I had to try Roscoe's House of Chicken 'N Waffles when I was out in Long Beach, California. One side was chicken and waffles and the other side of the building was bar dance lounge. What an experience. The fried chicken and waffles were fantastic.

I'm digging what you're putting down. Chicken and waffles all the way!

Those are gonna be good. Lookin good raw!

I tried the original Peri-Peri I think from Australia and boy it was hot. A little too hot for me but for sure a different kind of hot flavor that was appealing.

This is from South Africa. This was pretty hot also but I like heat so it wasn't a problem for me.
It can be hot for some folks for sure.

Maybe we should start dunking our chicken wings into maple syrup instead of buffalo sauce?

Uh....no.

There's a local tavern not far from my place that has fantastic wings if you're in the mood for takeout. They're "HOUSE" sauce is actually REAL maple syrup and cayenne seasoning mixed. I was skeptical at first, but pretty dang delicious to be honest!

Your chicken and waffles looks fantastic Sako!!!

Thanks! :thumb:

First time I tried chicken and waffles was actually Roscoe's in Hollywood. Loved it since then. I believe it was #9 which was 3 wings and a waffle. :-D

ENTERTAINMENT-131119795-EP-1-0.jpg

I had to try Roscoe's House of Chicken 'N Waffles when I was out in Long Beach, California. One side was chicken and waffles and the other side of the building was bar dance lounge. What an experience. The fried chicken and waffles were fantastic.

I'm digging what you're putting down. Chicken and waffles all the way!

There's a local tavern not far from my place that has fantastic wings if you're in the mood for takeout. They're "HOUSE" sauce is actually REAL maple syrup and cayenne seasoning mixed. I was skeptical at first, but pretty dang delicious to be honest!

I keep trying different combos of sweet/hot sauces on wings- the mango habanero, sweet & spicy bbq, Asian hot, etc. All are good and different.

But I keep coming back to the king: BUFFALO! No sweet, just vinegary heat cooled by blue cheese. Something about that cool/hot combo I keep coming back for more.

And the smell. When a plate of Buffalo wings goes by your table. Gotta order some.

Sorry for the derail Sako, your last pic got me goin'!

No worries! It's actually a good discussion. I actually prefer savory, salty, hot flavors instead of sweet. I'm pretty far from sweet foods or desserts in general. I don't even eat a slice of my own bday cake. Don't have any health issues, I just don't care for sweets. Strangely, this is one of the very few "sweet" dishes I like.

And I agree. Buffalo style hands down is king for me as well. :thumb:

I keep trying different combos of sweet/hot sauces on wings- the mango habanero, sweet & spicy bbq, Asian hot, etc. All are good and different.

But I keep coming back to the king: BUFFALO! No sweet, just vinegary heat cooled by blue cheese. Something about that cool/hot combo I keep coming back for more.

And the smell. When a plate of Buffalo wings goes by your table. Gotta order some.

Sorry for the derail Sako, your last pic got me goin'!

Thanks Joe!

That sounds interesting but I can imagine or shall I say taste it.

Looks awesome, Sako! I've never had chicken and waffles, may have to invest in a waffle maker now. Thanks.

Looks awesome, Sako! I've never had chicken and waffles, may have to invest in a waffle maker now. Thanks.

Thanks Dom!

Give it a shot. Most people tend to like it. The $20 waffle maker from Walmart worked pretty good and it's a single flip too with a drip pan underneath. I don't plan on making a ton of waffles so I get this cheap one and happy with it.

Back