Chicken And Waffles

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Been a long time since I made or had chicken and waffles. With the Yardbird throwdown going on the timing was perfect.

Buttermilk brined half chicken

9rH0mm9h.jpg

Hot egg wash for the seasoned flour coating

V8djft7h.jpg

On to the side burner of my cabin gasser

ZS3iWa6h.jpg

While the chicken was frying I got to work on the waffles

7arVgSyh.jpg

The $20 Wally World waffle iron did pretty dang good

hZGQzJxh.jpg

Chicken was near ready

0oKQZA1h.jpg

Waffles, butter, peaches, honey, Vermont maple syrup on the bottom, chicken, Chicken lightly drizzled with the honey maple syrup mix and chopped mint as garnish to brighten up the palate :-D

eaDa6Enh.jpg

Crispy and moist :clap2:

ByOx5LNh.jpg

All the flavors in one bite :hungry:

RB7yChoh.jpg

Crazy good! Don't know why this combo just works so well together. Thanks for looking!

I might be the only person who doesn't get the attraction of chicken and waffles.

But that looks danged good to me :thumb:

Thanks Craig!

I hear you. My first ever time trying I was hesitant but I grew to like it a lot.

Well...two things, Sako:

1. This is not something I would associate with your cooking, but then again, why not?

2. I never understood the whole chicken and waffles thing. Until now. It all makes perfect sense!

rJ9fVigb.jpg

Even the thought was crazy until I tried it. Strangely it works perfect. Beauty of it is you can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. :shocked: Sweet and savory have long worked together and this is no exception IMHO.

It’s a crazy combo that shouldn’t work but does…

That looks fantastic!

Well...two things, Sako:

1. This is not something I would associate with your cooking, but then again, why not?

2. I never understood the whole chicken and waffles thing. Until now. It all makes perfect sense!

rJ9fVigb.jpg

Count me in as one who has never got chicken with waffles, but that right there makes me want to try it!

I think it is the syrup with the fried chicken that gives me a brain bleed.

Maybe we should start dunking our chicken wings into maple syrup instead of buffalo sauce?

Uh....no.

You know....maybe I would like it if I fried chunks of REAL breaded chicken nugget size and added a same size piece of syrupy waffle onto the same fork as the REAL chicken nugget....maybe.

Maybe we should start dunking our chicken wings into maple syrup instead of buffalo sauce?

Uh....no.

You know....maybe I would like it if I fried chunks of REAL breaded chicken nugget size and added a same size piece of syrupy waffle onto the same fork as the REAL chicken nugget....maybe.

It ain't for everyone. That's for sure.

It ain't for everyone. That's for sure.

I like sweet and savory together. Just can't wrap my head around a great piece of crunchy fried chicken on the same plate with a great maple syrup waffle.

I eat fried chicken with my hands and waffles with a fork and knife. Maybe that's my problem.

I like sweet and savory together. Just can't wrap my head around a great piece of crunchy fried chicken on the same plate with a great maple syrup waffle.

I eat fried chicken with my hands and waffles with a fork and knife. Maybe that's my problem.

It's just food. :becky:

My wife pours maple syrup on a grilled cheese sandwich.:shock:
I shake my head and quietly ponder, I married this woman? wtf??

Quirky, makes life interesting.

That looks awesome. I didn’t get chicken and waffles until I ordered it, and loved it.

I had this version at Bread Winners in Dallas (I was skeptical because now I am a chicken and waffles purist) and it was killer:

Jalapeno bacon cheddar waffles, crispy chicken, cream gravy, "Henry's Hot Sauce", maple syrup.

That's a fantastic looking dish for sure! I use maple syrup on bbq sometimes actually. I mix it with a good balsamic about 1:1 and it makes a pretty good sauce, strange as it sounds.

Back