THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
I finally had time and weather coincide to cold smoke some cheese. Just a small batch today, but I plan to do more over the holidays for my family, friends, and coworkers. I'm planning on about 2.5 hours in the smoke and then off to the vac seal and 3 week rest in the fridge.

The Savory Herb pellets smell great. :-D

fiYvOjph.jpg

vamsSllh.jpg

Two and a half hours on the smoke (love this AMNPS!).

Rested, vac sealed, and getting happy for about 3 weeks in the fridge. This should hold my wife and I for a bit. :-D

aArLcwFh.jpg

uUvdz6Dh.jpg

Nice job. Little to cold here to smoke cheese. Past few nights have been near 0*f. Hoping my fall stash lasts until spring.

Thanks! Yeah, O degrees equals bricks. :-D

I hear you on the stash. I'm down to my last 2 blocks from last fall. Time to re-arm. :-D

It almost got too warm here today. The past week has been really cold, but it got up to 50 here today. The Assassin's insulation is very efficient, and I was watching the temp climb up to almost 70 before I pulled the cheese. Thankfully, the cheese didn't sweat.

I like to keep the chamber around 50 when I smoke.

Last edited:
Back