THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I agree, but OP can't be there in the crucial 2-3 hours during serving time. So even if he uses sous vide, chances are, whoever he has in charge won't know what to do. I see failure.

If that is the case, then I agree with you, however that was not the impression I got from his posts.

For one, he mentioned that he has an Inkbirdsmart SV and that he may employ that with his vac sealer. That's why I mentioned it in the first place. Second, he said he will not be available for the 2-3 hours PRIOR to the event, he didn't say anything about during.

So... if needed, drop the brisket (or butt) in the sous vide earlier, maybe four hours ahead of time if needed. It doesn't really matter as it will hold at 165 indefinitely and he doesn't need to be there. Then open up and serve when he gets to the event.

But again, if I'm misunderstanding and he will not be there to serve during the event then I stand corrected and I agree with you.

If that is the case, then I agree with you, however that was not the impression I got from his posts.

For one, he mentioned that he has an Inkbirdsmart SV and that he may employ that with his vac sealer. That's why I mentioned it in the first place. Second, he said he will not be available for the 2-3 hours PRIOR to the event, he didn't say anything about during.

So... if needed, drop the brisket (or butt) in the sous vide earlier, maybe four hours ahead of time if needed. It doesn't really matter as it will hold at 165 indefinitely and he doesn't need to be there. Then open up and serve when he gets to the event.

But again, if I'm misunderstanding and he will not be there to serve during the event then I stand corrected and I agree with you.
Unfortunately I can’t be involved for 2-3 hrs prior. I can delegate though
I am not sure how else to take it? Its kind of obvious Captain.

I am not sure how else to take it? Its kind of obvious Captain.

Unfortunately I can’t be involved for 2-3 hrs prior. I can delegate though

First of all there is no need to be rude.

Second, I guess you're not seeing the word prior, so I've made it a little easier for you to see. He's not saying he will not be available during the event, he's saying he's not available for 2-3 hours before the event. If you don't understand what that means then I don't know what to tell you. Seems pretty clear to me "Captain".

First of all there is no need to be rude.

Second, I guess you're not seeing the word prior, so I've made it a little easier for you to see. He's not saying he will not be available during the event, he's saying he's not available for 2-3 hours before the event. If you don't understand what that means then I don't know what to tell you. Seems pretty clear to me "Captain".
Well, either way, i hope it works out for OP. Maybe i misunderstood his posts. My bad, I still think you shouldn't leave a catering gig, but that's just me.

Ok so a ton of great suggestions and everything helped to shape the final cook decision…

I went with 10 Turkey breast smoked for about 2-2.5 hrs to IT of about 145-150.
Then held all in a small 20 qt yeti/Orca for about 3 hrs.

This was seriously an easy cook and hands off for several hours before.

Also the way lower finish temp and and extended hold is an ABSOLUTE game changer. So moist and amazing. Even reheated days later.

Probably more compliments on the cook than usual. Turkey breast ftw

Sorry no pictures I’m a bit old fashion

Back