THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I saw saw some strange looking frozen Butterball turkey roast thingees with "both white and dark meat" and "gravy packet inside". Oddly shaped - I'm gonna stay away from those. :hand:
I've smoked one of those before. It's a turkey breast "tenderloin" and a big hunk of some kind of dark meat (thigh?) together in a net. They cook up good and are handy if you're, say, smoking a Thanksgiving dinner for two. But stay away for catering. The net alone will kill you in the time it takes to remove.

I'm personally a fan of the Butterball bone-in breasts. They smoke up great right out of the package, and they have one of those little pop-out doneness indicators that is actually really good at smoking temps--I've done them between 225F and 300F and at all temps if you pull the breast when the popper pops out and give it a rest, you'll have incredibly moist and juicy turkey.

Not sure what you can get those for from your supplier, but I found I can get them by the case at my local grocery store. They come in cases of 8.

As for kids food, I've had a few kids not want to mess with pulled pork. I've never had a kid not want to eat smoked turkey as long as it's not dry.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back