Central TX Style Turkey Breast

I like the conviction.... but something to think about is pastramied turkey breast. I now do it skinless but still inject and use pastrami seasoning in lieu of all pepper or garlic pepper. This ARTICLE is dated, but still has all the basics. I need to bring it up to date next time I make one.

Most definitely on my list and thanks for your link. My only problem is that I'm insanely short on time even on the weekends so I tend to do quick cooks. Hoping to take my time this fall and I'll definitely indulge myself with more involved cooks.

I keep looking at their thread and convinced myself to give it a whirl this weekend on the workhorse stick burner. Hopefully it comes out close to yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:thumb:

Give it a shot and it'll turn put killer on a stick burner. My initial plan was to use my offset but didn't have the time to get it going.

Been having a problem sourcing these the last month. Seems the supply chain at my normal sources is broke. Looked up Costco Business Center, 1st one in GHA is Opening Sept 24 in Stafford...Dang

Been having a problem sourcing these the last month. Seems the supply chain at my normal sources is broke. Looked up Costco Business Center, 1st one in GHA is Opening Sept 24 in Stafford...Dang

Yes they go fast. Sometimes it's weeks before they restock. You're going to love the Business Center. 70% of their inventory is stuff they don't carry at regular clubs.

Here's a thread I did a few years ago on what Costco Business offers

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253488

Sako at what temp did you have the Yoder for the cook?

Lol I couldn't have possibly remembered Hotch but good thing I upgraded to the ACS board. Breasts went on at 6pm at 300* then bumped to 350* at roughly 7pm to 9:00p. 400* was when I put the bacon on and I had pulled off the breast to rest already.

uBW8IdMh.jpg

Thanks!!
Shelly was just saying we need to cook a turkey breast on the GMG Ledge Prime.
This looks like the way to go! :mrgreen:

Thanks!!
Shelly was just saying we need to cook a turkey breast on the GMG Ledge Prime.
This looks like the way to go! :mrgreen:

You won't be disappointed! What am I saying, you guys know your stuff. :-D My regards to Shelly.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I have a Costco Business not too far from me and I look forward to giving this recipe a try.

Back