Central TX Style Turkey Breast

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
So ever since I got a taste of the turkey at Franklin's in 2019 I have been hooked. Always wanted to try it at home and finally got around to it yesterday. Original plan was to do it on my LSG offset but didn't get home until 3:30pm so the Yoder YS640 got the call. Burned hickory and the smoke flavor profile was spot on and super stoked on how it turned out.

Started with some nice deboned turkey breast

CPYjh9Mh.jpg

Peeled off the skin, rubbed with a little oil, sprinkled on 2 parts coarse pepper and 1 part kosher sea salt

U5HMAIMh.jpg

About 135* IT I wrapped in BP

yhLgnvqh.jpg

Pulled it at 155* IT and straight into the Cambro. Smoked some bacon while the breasts were resting

F4cGNPuh.jpg

After about 1/2 hour rest

cHjEBTuh.jpg

Juicy, smoky and peppery goodness :clap2:

wIpgiFbh.jpg

Melted some butter next and dipped the slices in it :mrgreen:

UzQQNeUh.jpg

Toast, mayo, mustard, romaine, tomatoes topped with bacon

9UObS4kh.jpg

Served. Hands down the best turkey and turkey sammich ever

9ctAmGYh.jpg

URcLHVGh.jpg

Everyone was full and I still had one more breast. My bro who doesn't like turkey said he'll eat turkey like this everyday. :laugh: I packed him some to take home

RBCE0Gnh.jpg

pzd8oXqh.jpg

This is what I'm doing for Thanksgiving. :nod: Thanks for looking!

:clap2:

I did a turkey breast for the first time in quite awhile a month or two ago and had forgotten how much I enjoy them. Yours looks better than mine did though, I think I overshot the temp slightly and I also did not wrap but did leave the skin on, which probably detracted from the flavor a bit.

Will have to try again, wish I could get those from the Costco's near me.

You executed that perfectly. I always get a chuckle when people think the skin is still on and try to peel it.

Looks amazing Sako!

DANG! Another thing I need to try! Time to start looking for turkey breast!

Bruce

Man you nailed that cook. I am not even a turkey breast fan but I must say, you have peaked my curiosity. Thanks for sharing your cook.

Perfect breasts and great sammich, Sako!

Bbq Turkey breast is under rated and overlooked.

That looks delicious and might have to be my next meal. Your carving ability is exemplary as well!

Thanks for the reminder...I need to do that.

Yours looks juicy and flavorful!

:clap2:

I did a turkey breast for the first time in quite awhile a month or two ago and had forgotten how much I enjoy them. Yours looks better than mine did though, I think I overshot the temp slightly and I also did not wrap but did leave the skin on, which probably detracted from the flavor a bit.

Will have to try again, wish I could get those from the Costco's near me.

:thumb:

I was debating if I should leave the skin on or off but ended up taking it off and it was a good call. I have never wrapped turkey either but it worked perfect.

These breast are only available at the Costco Business locations and they usually sell out pretty fast. Glad I grabbed some and will be using these from now on.

Nailed it, Sako! Pure perfection.

My wife is a fan of this turkey so I signed up to do it and a dessert for the Texas Fall Bash. Just bookmarked this thread to make it easy to find.

Looks amazing Sako!

DANG! Another thing I need to try! Time to start looking for turkey breast!

Bruce

Thanks Bruce!

Done right it will amaze you.

Looks fantastic, Sako. Been thinking about doing a turkey recently. Now I'm going to have to.

Thanks Marty! If you have a Costco Business nearby pick one of these up. Good product!

Man you nailed that cook. I am not even a turkey breast fan but I must say, you have peaked my curiosity. Thanks for sharing your cook.

Thanks!

I'm telling you I never cared for turkey except thanksgiving but Franklin's turkey among other things blew my mind. Give it a shot.

I'm not a big turkey fan, but...I'd gobble all that up! Beautiful cook, great sammich! I'm adding this to the to do list for sure. Thanks for posting this, Sako!

3SLbgkv.jpg

Nailed it, Sako! Pure perfection.

My wife is a fan of this turkey so I signed up to do it and a dessert for the Texas Fall Bash. Just bookmarked this thread to make it easy to find.

Thanks Charles! I hope I can make it this year. After all the turkey love affair starting with the 2019 TX fall bash. :grin:

Back