Carolina Bash 2017 planning!

I would love to get in on that...let me know how I can help / or bring.

Well of course you are "in" as is anybody else that gets in Friday evening. Lets talk menu. I'm fabing up a griddle for my WeberQ so was thinking something like cheese steaks but could easily do Bulgogi beef & rice flour pancakes/crepes. Could always just do burgers or anything else somebody wants. I'll also have the GMG Davey Crocket and Lodge Sportsman Grill and the gas cooktop and convection microwave in the RV. Let the ideas fly!

Last edited:
Works for me, I'll just go to Texas first then cycle back through South Carolina. Damn it is great to be retired and on my own schedule!

Any day is good when you are retired. Will try to make it.

Dang, y'all are just rubbing it in.

Just a few more years and plan to be saying the same thing. Have already informed my wife that retirement plans will involve travelling to Brethren Bashes.

Dang Blythe, not sure how I've missed this. Where is the site at Lake Murray? I'd love to try and get there. Happy to help with bringing a cooker, meat or anything else.

Great man would love to have you there! If you google Dreher Island State Park you will be able to find it on the map. We will be at Covered Area #4. Some of us are camping there that weekend also. As you go down the main drive of the park I believe it is the second or third road to the right called White Oak Road. I know that the road name is on the map. If you can find the area you will see the thin blue rollin!

Sounds good. I grew up on Lake Murray, so I know the place pretty good. Looking forward to it. I assume as we get closer you will be out a message for anything you need us to bring or at least a suggested donation to the cause.

Yeah definitely! We usually start menu planning in April. Which side of the lake did you grow up on? I spent most of my time on Wateree. Granddaddy had an old trailer on Dutchman's Creek we would stay at. Nothing fancy, but it had a kitchen, bathroom, and kept us dry!

Yeah definitely! We usually start menu planning in April. Which side of the lake did you grow up on? I spent most of my time on Wateree. Granddaddy had an old trailer on Dutchman's Creek we would stay at. Nothing fancy, but it had a kitchen, bathroom, and kept us dry!

I grew up in Irmo. We never actually lived on the lake, but was on the lake every weekend during most of the year either skiing, fishing or sailing. My parent's bought a place over on the Lexington side of the lake in my late teen years. Nothing fancy, just a cinder block house, but it had a dock and was on the water. I could ride my bike to the Saluda River and did so often to fish. My ex FIL lives on Wateree right by Dutchman's Creek.

Didn't make the bash last year...didn't realize y'all had one. Was laid up for a long time with a partially severed Achilles...worst few months of my life! Couldn't walk..or carry meat to/from the smoker! :cry:

Might take some groveling to make it this year...I am an Area Loss Prevention Manager for Belk and 4/29 is our spring Charity Day event...therefore it is a "blackout" day on the time off request calendar. Already turned down a catering gig for same day...but a bash is something I been wanting for a while! I think I may be sick that weekend...:icon_sick

Y'all ready to plan food and equipment? I'm planning to do 2-3 butts depending on attendees and maybe something with the Octoforks like a NY Strip roast. I can bring any of the equipment in my signature. If anyone wants to bring a dish and cook it in the Bubba Grill I run it around 275. If no one needs the space to cook I may just bring a drum for the butts.

Friday night I say we do a low country boil. 1 pot to clean easy peasy! Any ideas or suggestions?

Blythe, I'm probably just coming down Saturday morning. Is this a kid friendly bash? How about mom friendly lol? Because I'm not sure exactly when I will get there can I volunteer for plates, napkins and utensils?

Yeah Troy that sounds great.
WHS88 no problem bringing kids or moms! Mine was there last year. Plates plastic ware and napkins are much needed and appreciated!
Great Joe! I've got room to put them in the Bubba Grill. No I haven't heard from Lantern, I pm ed him but haven't heard anything.

Oh man grilla Wendy will be upset you guys can't make it! Hope everything is ok and you can make it to the next one!

Back