Canadian's taking advantage on brisket pricing

Ambiguous observational humor !!

Buying a brisket in Canada usually involves not being able to sit-down for 3-days after taking it so hard up the backside.

Buying a brisket in Canada is usually involves trying to explain the to a loan office why your house is being put-up as collateral in your line of credit application to purchase a few sides of beef.

I would never pay $4+/lb for brisket. Beef back ribs are 10x better, even boneless short ribs are 10x better. When brisket cost more then $3/lb here, i will just buy beef back for $2.50/lb or bonless short ribs for $3.99/lb.

I would never pay $4+/lb for brisket. Beef back ribs are 10x better, even boneless short ribs are 10x better. When brisket cost more then $3/lb here, i will just buy beef back for $2.50/lb or bonless short ribs for $3.99/lb.

You must be in a different PA then me. Local butchers are all over 5$$ right now and grocery store is 7.99

You must be in a different PA then me. Local butchers are all over 5$$ right now and grocery store is 7.99

I dont buy from local butchers. Last time i checked, Walmart had packers for $2.39/lb

Theres also local food distributors and places like Restaurant Depot that have better prices aswell.

Brisket is brisket, if you know how to cook it, Select or choice is just as good as prime.

In Alberta - Canada I used to buy Aussie imported brisket, was cheaper than the local by far. During the big mad cow thing a few years back the Cdn beef producers would bury the meat in the pasture before they would lower the price and give anyone a deal!

I can get AAA Canadian angus certified hormone free brisket here for $5.99. Expensive but it's nice to treat yourself every now and then.

Back