Campfire Chili, Cornbread, Poke Chops and Chicken Legs

Bob, what was the meat in the chili? Cubed chuck? And did you cook it in the DO? Maybe you said but I must have missed it...

Peeps,

The meat I used for the chili was cubed pork loin chops. Those got browned up in the lard. I had LOTS of raw chops leftover, so some got cubed up and used for the chili and the others got grilled up on the grate.

Thanks again!

Bob

The meat I used for the chili was cubed pork loin chops. Those got browned up in the lard. I had LOTS of raw chops leftover, so some got cubed up and used for the chili and the others got grilled up on the grate.

Thanks again!

Bob
Gotcha! :thumb:

Here in about a month or so, Hatch, NM will start to sell the sacks of red chile. This stuff doesn't make it to the stores in bulk like the green does. BUT, I will tell you this, I will take the red over the green any day. They sell it fresh and red off the vine and you must then dry it yourself. Months later, they sell the dried out stuff for a pretty penny. All you need is patio table or two to spread it out and keep the rain off of it. BUT, before you dry it, fresh, RED Hatch chile makes for some awesome CHILI! You treat it the same way, roast, peel, and then into the blender to puree. You will never use powder again.
Funny thing is, Hatch plants acres upon acres that has not been picked because their next big sell and living will be made on the red chile.

Bob

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Anything from Jeanie is a great start!:wink:

Lard rocks! Gave the chili a nice glossy sheen too!:becky:

Anything from Jeanie is great period, I wish I had her skills. Dang that chilli and cornbread looks great I love it with corn in it and maybe a little jalapeno. It`s a somewhat chilled morning and I am thinking that would be great on a cool day

Back