Busy weekend: I cooked 3 days in a row edition

BeardedBassGuy

Full Fledged Farker
Whew! I had a busy weekend cooking wise. Relaxing the rest of the time.

Inspired by the Red Weber Kettles on sale (but sadly not available in DFW for some reason) I found a Black Premium on sale at Walmart for $25 off. I didn't have a grill, so it got bought.

Central Market had all their beef 25% off, so we decided to grab some certified Angus Prime steaks to break in the kettle. Ribeyes for me and the grandma. Strip for the wife. Kid ate a few bites on mine. We also picked up 2 Certified Angus choice briskets (about 12# each) for a total of $44. Those will be cooked this coming weekend for the opening match of West Ham United (Premier League) and shared with The Dallas Hammers Supporters Club.

Saturday, a friend came by and we cooked ribs, and a neighbor couple joined us for dinner as well. I had recently picked up several new sauces and rubs, so I split 3 racks into 6 halves and tried 6 different rub / sauce combos.

This was my first time trying Blues Hog sauce (original) and HOLY MOLY IS IT GOOD. I think it just sky rocketed to my favorite sauce. I had paired it with Lambert's Sweet Rub O' Mine (first useage as well) , and it ended up being the crowd favorite by far. The second place vote went to Fergalicious Sweet Sweet Luv rub (another first time) paired with Head Country Original sauce. Will definitely be adding those to the rotation.

And finally Sunday I couldn't resist firing up the kettle again, so I broke out some boneless skinless chicken thighs. Heavily scored them, marinated 4 hours with rub and sauce. Had 3 different flavor profiles, and all were incredibly juicy and delicious.

Anyway hope you enjoy the pics, thanks for reading. That's my 3 year old with a mini buggy laoded down with all the meat we bought. The steak shot is my wife's (more done than I eat mine) because I neglected to get a pic of mine. The sauce and rub pic is what I used on the ribs. I didn't use everything in the shot, but I did use a majority of it.

0zrBCQHl.jpg

StanFurl.jpg

dfaBlTgl.jpg

H7fRKa1l.jpg

6cFAGz5l.jpg

1oyCZhull.jpg

1oyCZhul.jpg

Great way to break in a new kettle. That is some fine looking grub. There are many different cookers and grills out there, but it is hard to beat a Weber kettle for ease of use and consistent results.

I have two BGEs. One large and the other a MiniMax. GREAT grills. Super versatile. But most of my grilling in on my Weber Master Touch. All of my smoking is on my LSG vertical offset.

The Weber is an incredible cooking tool for me.

Great cooks. Thanks for the thread.

How’s the four Escobar’s sauce? I have two bottles in the pantry I’ve had for almost a year now.

The original is fantastic on pretty much anything. It has been my GO To sauce... But blues Hog just took over on ribs.

The raspberry is fantastic on ribs, decent on pulled pork. Will keep using it on ribs because it's always a crowd favorite. Worth trying.

Back