THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dom, The Kitchen looks great, I know what it takes to do that because I did carpentry (shipwright) for many year, and redid out kitchen in 05 after 2 hurricanes and water damage.
That chicken dip looks fantastic and I am goin to give that a shot, even without a game to watch LOL!

I don't own a router and I've been tempted to go out and buy a Bosch router. I've been dreaming up all kinds of projects I could use one on. My wife caught me staring at the kitchen cabinets the other day. She said, "Don't even think about it!". That's never stopped me before. :heh:

I'd love to redo my cabinet fronts. Cool to see someone do it here on the forum. They look great!

Great to have you back posting again, Dom - you were missed. And congrats on the kitchen, looks great!

I don't own a router and I've been tempted to go out and buy a Bosch router. I've been dreaming up all kinds of projects I could use one on. My wife caught me staring at the kitchen cabinets the other day. She said, "Don't even think about it!". That's never stopped me before. :heh:

I'd love to redo my cabinet fronts. Cool to see someone do it here on the forum. They look great!

Thanks! A router is considered an essential tool in my shop, but for work like this you really need a router table. The bits are too difficult to control with a handheld router, especially the panel cutting bit which is quite large and requires slow speeds and multiple passes.

I actually have three routers, all Bosch. One dedicated to the Jessem router table, one for handheld use and a trim router. Both the handhelds have plunge bases also. It's amazing the things you can turn out with a router and a good number of bits. The moulding at the top of the cabinets was made in my shop, I couldn't find anything I liked at the big box stores.

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a woodworking forum, but next to grilling it's my favorite hobby as you can probably guess. :wink:

-Dom

Oddly enough, I was suddenly hit with the thought of "I haven't seen Dom posting lately", and within hours, you had commented on another post, so I was glad to see that you were okay. From the woodwork to the cook, you certainly returned in a blaze of glory! Great looking dip and outstanding looking kitchen.

Back