BRT Prime on the 007

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
IMF
Boned, Rolled, and Tied!

Prime Roll on the 007 - The butcher removed the bones for me from this small 2 bone prime rib. He then made an attempt to roll it best he could and tied it up. Since I was not going to stuff it with anything, it worked for me.

Here it is with sliced fresh garlic added – stab and insert garlic randomly, and homemade garlic powder added. (Freeze dried garlic ground into a powder – Soo Good)

Garlic.jpg

Salt and pepper added and then a nice layer of ground Porcini mushroom (Makes Beef Beefier!)

Porcini.jpg

I was going to put my Weber Spinner on the Performer but realized I could use it on the 007 (Never built in a spinner on the 007 as planned but figured this would work)

007.jpg

Getting a fire going in the 007 – Maple splits and started with a chimney of charcoal.

Fire.jpg

Centered the rod on the meat and ready to head out to the secret agent

Centered.jpg

Meat is on and spinning over real fire – Now we Hydrate while we wait!

Cooking.jpg

First peak

Look1.jpg

Another look

Look2.jpg

Look again keeping the fire going and hydrating

Look3.jpg

Almost done. No more wood but lower for a sear

Look4.jpg

Time to pull – juices flowing, cooked how we like it, and a nice sear

Pull.jpg

Beef has to rest – you know it will be juicy if it bleeds while resting!

Rest.jpg

Ready to slice

Ready to slice.jpg

Sliced up some for Prime Rib Sammiches tonight

Slice1.jpg

Sliced the rest for this week’s lunch – I can’t wait for lunch every day this week.

Slice2.jpg

I love chicken on the 007. This was the first time using the spinner on it and the first beef cook on it. Cooking with fire makes food so much better. This will happen again
Thanks for Lookin
SD

Good Lawd! That looks delicious... and I love the views from your outdoor kitchen and firepit area.

Oh yes... you've got some killer lunches this week.

Boned, rolled, tied, and SPUN - that's how it's done!

And what a killer looking beef roast, bet it tastes even better!

3SLbgkv.jpg

Love the 007. Still talk with Keith about once a month.

Before the 007 there was the bird barrel. I welded tabs to my Weber ring and placed it on top of the drum with a fire in the bottom.

I hope Keith Approves. It is built from 24" pipe and is ~3/8" thick and will last forever!

You cooked that roast like you knew what you were doing!! I have never seen that 007 in action but that is very impressive. Nicely done!

Man, that prime rib looks amazing! Love your cooking area, and the beautiful scenery. Now that's living! Cool to see another 007 in action! And yeah, Keith needs to come back and visit.

Thanks Neighbor - have been watching to see the wood fired pizza review.

Back